Join me on Tuesday, September 22, for a fun class at The Cooking School at Jungle Jim’s in Fairfield — we’ll be exploring pesto and talking about its cousins (including romesco, chermoula, pistou and more variations).
You may know pesto as the traditional blend of basil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. This simple idea – herb, nut, cheese – extends to all kinds of ingredients. Explore pesto and other versatile variations to complement any recipe – from pasta salad to grilled meats. We’ll also talk about making and storing big batches of pesto.
- Bruschetta with Goat Cheese-Tomato Pesto Spread
- Caprese Salad with Basil Pesto and Fresh Ricotta — learn to make homemade ricotta!
- Pasta Salad with Shrimp, Cherry Tomatoes and Parsley-Walnut Pesto
- Grilled Hanger Steak with Romesco
- Strawberry Fool with Amaretti
Sign up for the class here. See you there!