It’s tomato season, people! Looking for fun ways to use this summer’s best produce, plus tips to stash tomatoes for those dreary days of winter?
Join me on Thursday, August 6 at The Cooking School at Jungle Jim’s for a demonstration class on all things tomato, from appetizer to main course to, yes, dessert! On the menu:
- Crostini with whipped goat cheese and oven-dried tomato pesto
- Crisp green salad with sunny day tomato dressing
- Pasta with no-cook tomato sauce
- Summer corn and tomato pie — one of my very favorite recipes ever!
- Heirloom tomato sorbetto from The Findlay Market Cookbook
Class begins at 6:00, and there are just a couple of spots left. (Psst! There’s wine!) You can learn more and register here. And check the sidebar at right for more upcoming classes and events!