On this first day of spring, we mark a few other seasonal firsts this weekend:
- The “soft” opening of our beloved Side Porch—I washed down the furniture and arranged it in place. Cushions, rugs and candles will come out when the weather is consistently warmer.
- The first outdoor fireside happy hour of the season, with cheese, crackers and, of course, Peroni
- The first planting of lettuce (Yugoslavian Red and Buttercrunch) and arugula in the coldframe
- A batch of pansies in the windowbox
- The first hand carwash of the year
- Later today, if the rain holds off, the first round of golf